“Oh, no! I forgot Mrs. So-and-so.”
Yes, I’ve said that before. Bet you have, too.
Or, “Mom, I need a gift for a party I’m going to.”
You’ve heard that, haven’t you?
Many years ago I thought it was weird that my mother had a shelf in her closet that was stuffed with random gifts, wrapping paper and tape. Too many times I watched her dash into the bedroom, head for that closet and reappear with a beautifully wrapped gift for Mrs. So-and-so who dropped by during the holidays.
I now understand my mother’s actions completely.
Here’s a list of inexpensive gifts to pick up in a hurry, or to keep on hand, for that “Oh, no!” moment of yours during the next Christmas season.
• Knit or crochet hats, mittens, infinity scarfs
• Fleece throws
• Jars or boxes of holiday candy
• Holiday coloring books and crayons, markers or colored pencils, puzzles, books
• Small dress pins, earrings, pendants
• Bath or shower sets for men or women
• Miniature die-cut cars, trucks, or people
• Hair accessories for women, teens or little girls
• Mixes-in-Jars (cookie mixes, bread mixes, soup mixes)
I hope this list gets your thinking cap to whirling. Some of these gifts you can even make throughout the year to have on-hand at Christmas.
Check out PINTEREST for recipes and instructions.
I pray you and your family have a memorable, beautiful Christmas together.