Another Book for Writers – Connections: Social Media and Networking Techniques for Writers
At the Ohio Christian Writers Conference I purchased the little book Connections: Social Media and Networking Techniques for Writers by Edie Melson. I’m already making use of Melson’s suggestions in my blog posts.
Have you noticed that I’ve changed the way I title my posts? Following advice in “Part Two – Blogging: Promoting your Content” I’m trying to make better use of SEOs. Melson explains this matter so clearly and simply that I feel much more confident about using them.
The same is true in all of the sections of the book. Melson uses easy to understand language (not a lot of techy jargon), step-by-step procedures and examples that pertain particularly to writers.
Reading Connections: Social Media and Networking Techniques for Writers has helped me formulate practical goals for improving my online presence in 2018. They include some of the following changes for me:
- Improve my blog statistics by using SEOs in titles and articles
- Check my blog statistics regularly and keep track of its growth
- Use categories and tags with each blog post
- Use hyperlinks to network
- Concentrate on one or two Social Media platforms. Go deeper instead of wider. Be conscious of the personality I display on FaceBook and twitter
- Learn how to make better use of hashtags
- Pay attention to copyright laws when using photos online
- Instead of concentrating on growing my number of friends/followers on FaceBook and twitter this year concentrate on growing my shares, comments and retweets
- Master creating beautiful Memes efficiently
Edie Melson has once again provided writers, authors, and illustrators with an easy to use marketing tool.