A Dozen Mommy Myth Busters
- You CAN handle potty-training, drivers training, and training bras all at the same time.
- Despite their refusal to eat anything green, your children will NOT be malnourished.
- Runny noses are disgusting. But they are not fatal.
- Playing outside in the cold without a jacket occasionally does not cause pneumonia.
- A few loose germs around your house will not give your kids the Plague.
- Lots of babies do not crawl before they walk. Scooting, sliding and rolling get them where they want to go just fine.
- Rough-housing with Dad is good for your kids. It makes them emotionally stronger, more independent and more secure.
- Rocking chairs are seriously under-used. Rocking babies promotes their emotional welfare and develops the decision-making portion of their brains.
- A small daily dose of dirt is good for your child’s immune system.
- Holding babies and playing with children IS more important than dusting and washing windows. Who cares if no one thinks you are Martha Stewart?
- Breastfeeding is wonderful. But formula-fed babies can be just as healthy, just as happy, just as loved and secure as breast babies.
- Every baby will eventually have diaper rash and little bumps on their adorable faces. It does not mean that you are a bad mom
LOVE, absolutely, hands-down, is the most important part of mothering.