Another online resource for authors and readers–Goodreads–by Jean Matthew Hall
Please click on “Leave a Comment” in the sidebar to the left to respond to the questions below.
A few years ago I joined Goodreads. I didn’t know what it was for, didn’t stop to think how I could use it.
NOW I DO. Do you?
- Goodreads is a great place to connect with both authors and readers of my favorite genres, and of picture books like the books I write.
- Goodreads is a great place to find brief reviews on books I’m thinking of reading.
- Goodreads is a great place to find new books to read.
- Goodreads is a great place to find popular books that can guide me as I shape the picture books I write. I can research the topics, themes, characters, scenarios and styles that were most popular with Goodreads subscribers last year.
- Goodreads is EASY to use, and informative. Thus, it is worth my time investment.
- Goodreads enables me to connect with other authors in my area of writing.
- Goodreads allows me to set goals for reading books, and to keep track of my progress.
Of course Goodreads has an App for my mobile phone so I can refer to it anywhere I might be. And I do!
I especially like the “Best Books of the Year” section. The Best Books are categorized by genre for adults. They also include sections for young adult books, middle grade books and picture books.
So, using this feature I have a lengthy list of picture books to read and review right here at ON MY SHELF on Fridays over the next few months.
Yay! I’m excited to have a new “list” as I explore book stores and libraries.
Thanks to Goodreads you will hopefully find some new and interesting posts ON MY SHELF in 2018.
A FEW QUESTIONS FOR YOU ABOUT GOODREADS:
Are YOU a member of Goodreads? How long have you participated? Have you found any new reads that you have really enjoyed? Has it been worth your time to visit Goodreads?
We would love to hear from you with answers to these questions. Come on, help your fellow readers and writers out.
Just click on “Leave a Comment” on the left sidebar (last line).