1. Not every minute of a child’s life has to be filled with “productive” activities like classes, lessons and sports. Children need time to be alone, to explore, to be quiet and thoughtful.
2. How to explain basic Christian doctrines or truths, in simple language children can understand. Ask your children’s pastor.
3. How to tell stories about their own childhoods.
4. How to be silly and funny. How to tell jokes and pull pranks at home.
5. When it’s time for them to apologize to their children.
6. How to resolve conflicts responsibly and lovingly.
7. That their children are watching how they resolve conflicts.
8. How to forgive AND FORGET. How to let their kids start with a clean slate.
9. How to laugh at themselves.
10. How to recognize progress instead of success.